Friday, March 29, 2013

Day 19

I could really relate to today’s meditation, the theme was living optimism. I am a hopeful optimist and live each day that way, I always have. I try to see the positive in every situation, even when I really have to dig deep to find it. I love people and instantly would give the shirt off my back to a stranger; that is just my nature to trust and see the good in people, until I have been given a reason to see things differently. I am sure that bothers some idealists, realists and pessimists and some see it as naivety, but I have a good head on my shoulders and I don’t let my kindness or outlook on life be taken advantage of.

I do see the world as it is, but I know I can only control my own actions and feelings and how I choose to live each moment. I have a hopeful attitude and even if things seem unattainable I try so hard that the journey is often times worth it even if I don't reach the goal. I don’t let the actions of others affect the way I live my life and being an optimist truly makes for a happier more grateful day. I can sit and drown in a bad day, but why not try and learn something from it and work to make that day a bit brighter instead of choosing to see it as a write-off.

I think that is why I handle stress really well, some people take the negative things that happen during their day and take on the world’s problems on their back and just can’t seem to see past it. I can’t say certain circumstances don't affect me as well but I try to see past it and work hard to live a positive life and helping others around me do the same. We can’t control the actions of others but if every one of us did our part to make someone’s day just a little bit brighter, just imagine how great our world could be.


Today Oprah talks about having a gratitude journal - I have had one for a few years now. It has really helped me become the person I am today. I did a little blog on this in February: 28 days of gratitude.

What we think, do and say influences our bodies. With each action the brain sends messages to all the cells of our bodies creating critical feedback loops that carry information for wellness or disease. Living through a lens of optimism we can bring our lives into balance and maintain optimal health.  When we operate from a positive perspective we are motivated to live the life we envision and confidently take steps to make that happen. Being grateful for who we are and what we have right now allows us to take stock of all the goodness in our lives. We understand we are always learning lessons; therefore we forgive ourselves and others because this moment is just a blink on our evolutionary path. Living optimism invites us to reach higher and become the fullest expression of our intentions. 

Making healthy choices may affect the production of the enzyme telomerase, which in turn builds telomeres, the end points of each chromosome. The fraying of telomeres is associated with aging and keeping telomeres intact is associated with the health and youthfulness of our genes.

It is important that we engage in a positive inner dialogue that supports the vision that we hold for our lives and we act in alignment with those messages. In this way we can establish a nourishing lifestyle that enables us to remain healthy, vibrant and strong for the rest of our lives.

Centering Thought:
My life unfolds in divine order.

Sanskrit mantra:
Om Daksham Namah. - My actions achieve maximal benefit with minimal effort.

Mindful Moment:
We become what we believe and, as we've learned, remaining positive sends our bodies loving messages that are crucial to maintaining good health. By being grateful for all that we have, we can move our egos aside and live the lives we were meant to live, full of enthusiasm for the present moment and confident about our futures.  By fostering an inner dialogue that is most nurturing to us, we support the clear vision we have for ourselves and live our lives in alignment with our true purpose.
If you are not doing so already, begin to keep a gratitude journal. Each morning or evening, take stock of your life and write down those things for which you are truly thankful.

Interesting links: 

 

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world."
—Anne Frank

4 comments:

  1. Hello Jodi,

    What an absolutely beautiful write up....

    "I am a hopeful optimist and live each day that way, I always have. I try to see the positive in every situation, even when I really have to dig deep to find it. I love people and instantly would give the shirt off my back to a stranger; that is just my nature to trust and see the good in people, until I have been given a reason to see things differently. I am sure that bothers some idealists, realists and pessimists and some see it as naivety, but I have a good head on my shoulders and I don’t let my kindness or outlook on life be taken advantage of."

    I feel exactly the same way. I believe optimism has a beautiful and simple joy, and strength, about it. And, it's beautiful to see it in others as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Julie, I seem to be a bit deeper with my thoughts in this meditation blog more so than my other blog projects. I am really enjoying this 21 day challenge. That is wonderful to hear that you feel the same way! I really hope I get to meet you some day, I am sure we would have a lot in common.
    I hope you are enjoying this beautiful Easter weekend!
    Jodi :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sure sounds like we’d have a lot of stuff in common to talk about, lol. And yes, it would be nice to meet you too someday. So, if you’re ever coming to Vancouver, BC, we’ll have to meet up for a David’s tea :-)

    And quite honestly, you being a friend of Rich Pietro’s, I’d feel quite safe in saying you’re most welcome to stay at my place if you’re ever out this way.

    You've written so much interesting information during this 21 day mediation. It sounds like you have had quite the wonderful experience. I think I’m going to have to try it...if they have another one.

    Thanks for the Easter wishes. I wish you and your family the best of Easter wishes as well.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Julie, you are so kind to offer me a place to stay :) I may be in Vancouver later this summer, I have a friend who lives there. I visited with her a couple of years ago and we had the most amazing adventures kayaking, hiking, stand up paddling etc. Such a beautiful city, you must savour every minute of it!
    I will definitely let you know when I plan to go there are we can meet in-person, looking forward to it. LOL David's tea sounds perfect, I reached my 89th tea yesterday, aiming for all 142 before the new summer menu comes out. I hope you will come to PEI as well some day!
    Yes you should definitely do a future 21-day meditation. I learned so much from the experience, I believe Deepak offers them every few months, if I see one I will let you know.
    Hope you have a fantastic day!
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete