Thursday, March 28, 2013

Day 18

I am attempting to try all the David's tea flavours on their new spring menu (142 and I am at 77). I have been wanting to try "three wishes" for a while but thought I would save it; I decided today was the day I needed it most. Now I know that this tea is not magical but the name of it alone gave me hope so I dedicated all three wishes to my Dad. I savoured every drop and thought of him having a miraculous recovery. I instantly felt a sense of peace hoping my positive thoughts had reached him all the way in Florida.

Tonight my Mom called me to tell me they released him from the hospital…which seems unheard of from the large stroke he had just yesterday. To me this felt like a miracle, I know he has to get his memory and speech aligned but it must be a good sign if he is allowed to go home. I have a hopeful feeling that he is going to work extra hard and have a full recovery. Faith is a very strong virtue, I need to have trust that things will work out the way they are supposed to. My friend sent me a note this morning and it really brightened my day:

“Some of the most beautiful things in this world are transitory. They are beautiful, because they cannot be there forever, and therefore we cherish them so much more.”


Today’s meditation was focussed on passion as energy. It's the power that comes from focusing on what really excites us. When we live with enthusiasm, we fully engage our brains and bodies in our activities, building new pathways that foster health and well-being.

Everyone has a special purpose in life, which in Sanskrit is called Dharma. And we each possess a unique talent with a unique way of expressing it. For every unique talent an expression of that gift, there are also unique needs just waiting for us to fulfill them. When we offer our dharma and service to others we experience the ecstasy and exaltation of our spirit by asking ourselves how can I help, how can I serve using my unique talents - we are able to move beyond the ego and into the realm of true spirit. That part of our awareness in which we experience a connection with the whole universe. Connecting with our Dharma makes our heart sing and time fly. We live our lives with passion and great enthusiasm. A life lived with passion brings with it many benefits. A brain that builds new pathways toward better habits, a mind that remains sharp and active and relationships that are rich and deeply rewarding. When we are passionate about something, we have a positive attitude and embrace each day with a new outlook. Finding our Dharma and taking a passionate interest enables the whole mind body system to be dynamic and rejuvenated. This level of self-awareness allows us to be spontaneous and free, open to surprise and more in-step with the rhythm of the cosmos.

Centering Thought:
I live my life with passion and enthusiasm.

Sanskrit mantra:
Om Varunam Namah. - My life is in harmony with cosmic law.

Mindful Moment
Passion is energy. It’s the power that comes from focusing on what really excites you. When we live with enthusiasm, we fully engage our brains and bodies in our activities, building new pathways that foster health and wellbeing. Begin to connect with your true life’s purpose. Before each meditation, ask yourself, “How can I help? How can I serve?” Then, listen to your heart for the answer.

Interesting links:


"Freedom lies in being bold." —Robert Frost

No comments:

Post a Comment