Monday, March 11, 2013

Day 1

My friend Kattie recently shared with me her experiences from a 21-Day Meditation Challenge, so when I heard about this one I decided I would give it a try. I have been meditating a lot this past year through guided meditation classes at Moksha and also on my own in my cozy-zen meditation room. I find no matter how busy I am, I always try to take a few minutes to clear my mind, and instantly I feel like I hit the reset button – very rejuvenated and refreshed.

I decided since I blogged my 30 day Moksha challenge that I would blog this 21 day meditation challenge, to keep me committed and so that I can look back on my experience in the future.

Oprah’s Lifeclass and The Chopra Center 21-Day Meditation Challenge - Perfect Health is a free, three-week online interactive meditation experience designed to share the gifts of meditation in a fun and easy way. It is not too late to sign up as you will have access to each meditation for a 10 day period so you can always catch up if you miss a day or two.


Deepak provided a great all-encompassing definition of meditation:
"Meditation expands self-awareness and is a tool for the re-discovery of our body's own inner intelligence. Practiced for thousands of years, it's not about forcing the mind to be quiet, it's finding the silence that's already there and making it a part of your life. Silence is the birthplace of happiness, creativity, and infinite possibilities. From this field of pure potentiality we get our bursts of inspiration, our most intuitive thoughts, and our deepest sense of connection to the universe. Practicing meditation on a daily basis allows you to weave silence and stillness into your mind and body to create a life of greater compassion and fulfillment. Meditation is a journey to the center of our very being; a journey to emotional freedom; and a journey to the reawakening of our unconditioned self."

This 21 day challenge focuses on “The Journey to Perfect Health”. Perfect health is not only a possibility in our lives, but it is our natural state. As human beings, each aspect of our physiology seeks balance and optimal performance. This meditation challenge will provide the knowledge to enable our bodies towards this amazing, natural process so that we can enjoy a lifetime of well-being and joy.


Centering Thought:
I commit to living perfect health.

Sanskrit Mantra:
Om Bhavam Namah  -  I am absolute existence. I am a field of all possibilities.

Mindful Moment:
Set one intention for your journey toward perfect health. Remain open to all possibilities as you embrace the vision of your best self. If you wish, write a letter to your future self. Simply with a change of mind you can change your life.

Interesting Links:

I am really looking forward to this 21-day challenge, and seeing the benefits that will unfold throughout the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment