Monday, March 25, 2013

Day 15

Today the theme of our meditation was “living well” and making positive choices and developing new healthy habits. I try every day to make healthy choices that all contribute towards my health. I have started drinking less coffee, and now have a new tea obsession :) Instead of working through my lunches I have made an effort to walk home for lunch as often as I can. I pack healthy snacks and have 6 small meals a day and drink water all day long. I laugh and smile often and try not to take things in life too seriously. I manage unforeseen circumstances that could result in a stressful situation by being super organized and preparing for things in advance – no procrastination. These little habits all make a difference - I will continue working at developing new habits and making choices that will affect my overall health and well-being.


An odyssey is a journey that offers new information at every turn. To create a positive lifestyle, we have to cultivate an environment that makes positive choices easy, natural and fun. Our first step is to stop thinking in terms of discipline and self-control. Instead we need to create a matrix for daily living that will support healthy decision making. Everyone has some type of arrangement already in place and some of us live inside the setup that makes choices easier. The real key is to live in an environment where the mind can consciously and freely choose the most beneficial things to restore and maintain balance. A truly sustainable matrix is flexible to our individual needs and celebrates a life well lived. Most importantly it is built by small gradual changes. New habits and life style changes you can begin to adopt as you build your matrix.

Centering Thought:
My little changes amount to big benefits.

Sanskrit mantra:
Ram, Ram, Ram. - Everything I desire is within me.

Mindful Moment:
Take some time to analyze your current lifestyle. Ask yourself what changes you can make that can support your healthy goals. Then, one by one, begin to make those important changes to create a positive matrix to support your well-being.

Interesting links: 


"Take the first step in faith. You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step." - Martin Luther King, Jr

No comments:

Post a Comment